Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer = Fair

I know some people don't care for Fairs. However, I am Soooo not one of those people. I just LOVE the fair. It hardly changes from year to year, other than the weird foods that they attempt to deep fry and sucker people into buying (my husband is one of those very precious suckers!) We did not go for the deep fried butter (which I cannot talk too much about without starting to vomit, so we will move on). Todd did go for the deep friend smore and deep fried Klondike bar. I have to say both of them were actually not to bad. But anyway, fried foods is not what keeps me going. In fact, I don't really know for sure what it is that brings me back year after year. But I love it. And I plan to go every single year....even when we have 5 million kids to drag through there. In fact, since having kids the fair has become Soooo much more enjoyable. More expensive as well, but more fun than it ever was before!
This year I was able to get a ticket that can be used as many times as you want. So far I have been twice. I am hoping to get one more trip in before it ends July 5th. But here are a few pics from the fun moments and memories at the fair this year.

Our studly boy! Todd just told me he doesn't care for his hair being done this way. I like it! Good thing I am an the one that styles his hair :)
Grammy and the kiddos in the petting Zoo. It was so fun having Grammy with us!
The drama queen enjoying her pony ride
A little to my surprise, Kellen LOVED riding the pony! He looked so excited, so happy, so pleased with himself the whole time. It was adorable!
Kenna and Kellen's good buddy Cameron came to the fair to see Makenna dance. We swear the two will date some day. They are so cute together!
A little after dance cotton candy
Brookie is getting so big! She is starting to hang with the big kids now!

Fair rides. They can be quite intense. And it brings out pure and utter joy!


Thank goodness for Auntie Rah Rah. I obviously am not allowed on the rides due to my delicate condition (not that I would even be able to fit if I tried!). One of Kellen's advantages in being so tall is that he can get on some of the big kid rides pretty young. However, he does not quite have the maturity for the rides. But with Rah Rah holding onto him tight he did just great! When he came off his eyes were huge and he just said "Whoa!"
Brookie needed some crawl time, so we found a place and invented our own baby run. Makenna enjoyed keeping her moving and crawling as well!

Silly Pictures! This was right up Makenna's ally!
Love my girls!

4 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Looks like you all had a great time !
I LOVE the silly pics :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love all of the pictures, they are SUPER CUTE and I must say, Makenna is looking SO BIG these days!!! SO DANG GROWN UP!!!

The Perry family said...

The fair is pretty fun. I remmeber going with you and your family. remember the may hypnotists shows? good times! It is so much more fun with kids. I love watching them on the rides. We went while we were down there and it was fun. Until I couldn't stand walking anymore! I wish we could've seen her Makenna's little dance.

Dacia said...

The fair was so fun!