Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Very Hoppy Easter Indeed

The older and more children that we have, the more fun and exciting each and every holiday is. Seeing the fun and excitement in my children's faces on days like these makes me remember what it was like to be young and enjoy all the fun and magic of the holidays. But it is equally, if not more fun being on the parent side of it and seeing your children enjoy it for themselves.
And even more special than seeing my children enjoy the 'magic' of the holiday is seeing them get old enough to understand the real importance and meaning of the day. I was so impressed with Makenna's ability to understand what Easter is really about and that our Savior died and was resurrected so that we can someday be with him. I am in awe at the love and understanding such a young child can have for her Savior, friend and brother Jesus Christ.

We had a really fun Easter this year, full of dying eggs, leaving carrots (and some Italian dressing to dip them in) for the Easter Bunny, searching for hidden baskets, Easter egg hunts and a delicious traditional Easter dinner. It really was a great day. I just love reasons to get together as a family, be happy and have fun all day long!

Daddy and Kenna dying their eggs together. I always love seeing the two of them doing things together.
Don't mind the shirtless look. It was right before bed time and the best way to control the mess and possible staining.
Little Kenna, so "eggcited" (I know, totally cheesy, right?)
Kellen helped as much as he could with the egg dying. But it is a little hard to let an 18 month old get too hands on with things like eggs and dye....
Kellen finding his Easter basket, with a little help from sissy of course.


Kenna and her loot. What a happy Easter girl!

Hunting for eggs in the backyard. Both kids did such a good job and had tons of fun doing it.
Brooke was happier to swing than look for eggs. Such a cute Easter babe! I love that girly!
I really am such a lucky mama!

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

What a totally fun Easter, and BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!

The Perry family said...

looks like a fun Easter. I like the pic of Todd and Makenna. Cute!