Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Never Thought


I would be the type of person to do this sort of thing, but Happy Belated Birthday Bella! (Yes, Bella is the dog)
The only reason that I remember this is because she was born on our anniversary, so it is kind of hard to forget. I knew that Kenna would get all excited over Bella having a birthday so I told her that Bella was turning 2. She gave Bella birthday hugs and kisses all day and kept telling her Happy Birthday. She was especially sweet to her all day...no teasing her with her ball or pulling her tail at all. I let Makenna pick out a bone for her at the store and we gave it to her as her present. It was all very cute and sweet.
So happy birthday pup! Though she can drive my hubby nuts sometimes with her high energy levels and tendency to get bored and chew every now and then, she really is a great dog. She wants to please and she is the most gentle dog there is. I never have to worry for one second about her with the kids. And that is the main reason we have a dog. I really like the idea of my children growing up with pets. I think it teaches them responsibility, to have a love for animals and to not be afraid of them. I love seeing my kids running around outside with her. We love you Bella girl...even Daddy does...he just has to pretend like he's tough :)

Don't be surprised if you come into our house and find Kellen running around in this army helmet. He loves the thing! And he is sporting a good drill Sergeant look here as well!
This is what I clean up at least 5-10 times a day....and the kid will spread it through the entire house...this is just the kitchen. I am normally a believe in letting kids play in the Tupperware cabinet but wow, he is pushing the limits.

Kellen continues to learn how to climb. Today he figured out how to get onto the chairs at the dining room table. He looked so big sitting there next to his sissy and sharing her food with her. And another first today, he said "sissy" for the first time. He is now up to 8 words that he can say (mama, dada, dog, diaper, shoe, sock, outside, sissy)...it happens so fast!
Kenna V.S Costco slice of Cheese Pizza

She insisted upon wearing her mini mouse costume from last year. She wore it almost all day. Makenna isn't normally the type of kid to go out in costume, so I had to snap pictures.
She does however love to draw on her face. She is convinced that she is a cat these days. A good portion of the day is spent with her on her hands and knees following me around meowing. So she decided she needed an authentic cat nose. I would much rather have her drawing on her face than on my walls!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

yuo know you got blog fever when your dogs b-day ends up on it ;) i'm sooo not a owning a dog type person. i like when other people have them that way i dont' have to have one, but i have to say when i was at the store the other day a guy had his service dog and let riley pet and hug him and he was the NICEST dog i've ever seen, the dog works at chalk (sp?) hospital with all the sick kids, he just layed there while riley hugged him, kind of made me want one...uh oh. p.s. kellen looked so cute in that helmet, he looked a lot like you in that picture, not that you make that face but you know what i mean :)

The Perry family said...

Oh Kenna, you are so funny! Cat nose, Minnie mouse and your dog love! Kellen probably wears his helmet to protect himself from his crazy "sissy".

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Miss Bella!!! Your cousin Echo says Happy Birthday as well. I guess I have to do a Happy Birthday Echo post on his birthday :) You are funny!
Love that Kellen loves the Army helmet, that is so cute on him!
Can't believe he is such a climber these days, crazy how much he has changed just since I left your house a few weeks ago.
And all those words, WAY TO GO!!!
Makenna I LOVE the Mini Mouse! And Mommy, good job for letting her go out in that all day long, SO CUTE!!!