Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And I think to myself...

I am such a lucky woman. Lucky beyond what words can express. Blessed in ways I could list forever. But my most cherished blessing is without a doubt my family. My husband who loves me with all his heart and makes me happy every day. Two beautiful, funny, strong little ones that bring a happiness to my life I never knew was possible. I love the laughter they bring to my life. I love being able to take care of each of them, be there for them, be a shoulder to lean on, someone to wipe their tears, kiss their boo boos, make them laugh when they are trying to be cranky (yes, even Todd is included in each of these). I just feel so overwhelmed by the love I have in my life. And I want to make sure they know just how much they mean to me. I never, not for one moment, want any of them to ever have reason to question just how much I love them. I have been able to fall in love with 3 amazing, incredible people, each in their own way and at their own time. How many people are so lucky? I love you all, with all my heart, forever and beyond! XOXO

This picture just proves how much I love this man...I even loved him (and willingly kissed him) with a beard. If that is not love, I just don't know what is.... ;)
I actually think it was kind of cute...
Like his big sissy, Kellen could stay in this swing all day!!

Priceless Moment:
Mommy in the kitchen, cooking dinner.
Kenna in her room, door shut, playing.
Door opens.
"Oh Mama!"
"Yes, Kenna?"
"Guess What?"
"What?"
"I look BEAUTIFUL!"
This is what steps around the corner.
I guess girls are just instinctively born with this pucker face when putting on make-up.
Sea World...one of our many trips. It still never gets old...for me or the kids.

He really is growing up so much right now. It's making me sad!
Getting ready to go on the spinning starfish ride. Makenna loves this ride. Kellen loves it until it starts to move. Then he slouches down, sits completely still and stares...with a look that says "I just might throw-up." If I cover his eyes while we are spinning it helps. Am I a mean mom?
Already helping Daddy around the house. Kellen just went and plopped himself down on the ground right next to Dada and leaned it to check out what he was up to. So he helped change the cabinet lock and had a great time doing it. It was a very sweet moment.
Kenna has never been much of a doll kid...until about a week ago. This is "Tato" (like potato). I find the name quite unique. She used to name all dolls "baby doll", so this is quite an improvement. Now Tato goes most everywhere with us.
Just in case she ever wants to know what she would look like with black hair.

Having our nightly nudie time before bath. If we could live in a nudist colony my kids would be thrilled...the love to be free! And now Kellen also likes to climb into his sissy's bed, since he just learned how to do it. Won't she love to see his naked buns on her pillow 10 years from now :)
They may still fight and argue from time to time (I imagine they always will), but they grow closer and closer every day. I am rarely allowed to push Kellen on the swings outside. Makenna feels strongly that it is her job. I love to see this love!

6 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Love the pics ! Love seeing them change, although they always grow up too quickly. I'm soo happy for you....to be living the life you enjoy and loving most of the moments. I also love the pic of Todd with the beard, but then, I always liked the facial hair on men !

The Perry family said...

It's so nice to read posts like that! I'm am so happy for you and the love that you are share and are surrounded by. You have a wonderful hubby and those kids are hilarious! I love you girl and I'm so glad that you have this joy in your life!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

This here is a very sweet and touching post! I feel like they have both changed SO MUCh since I was there only a few weeks ago. Isn't that crazy??
I love Kellens new big boy hair!
Love ALL the pictures, don't have a favorite, and well just love you all. Miss those kiddo's!
You do have a beautiful little family don't you?

Jessica said...

so many people just complain about their husbands and family members(which is understandable in certain circumstances) but you are great to really focus and REALIZE and show gratitude for the good things in your life. And to realize how much others sacrifice for you simply because they want to see you happy. :)
side note, i'm so jealous kellen is tall enough to ride the rides at sea world. Riley is too small! sad.-im about to buy her some platform shoes just so she can go on the rides next time hehe

Jessica said...

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?! that's what i get for not reading the whole sign i guess. yes we have passes, now i have to go asap just to get her on some rides! :) maybe we'll see you there one day!

Olayan Family said...

Your posts always make me want to be better ... thank you! Love your little family, you all are truly beautiful!