Monday, December 29, 2008

Boy Oh Boy

I know that people are expecting me to be posting Christmas pictures right now. I promise you, those are coming very soon.
But first I wanted to just post a handful of random pics. I enjoy the posts about the day to day stuff more than the special events sometimes. This is the real life us. And it has been awhile since I posted one of those. So maybe this is more for me than you, but hey, it is my blog and I can do what I want :) Here you go...
I was finally brave enough to try finger painting. And it went really well. We loved it....though a shower was a necessity afterward.
Here is Kellen in his "big boy chair" as Makenna calls it. He just looks so darn big...what a handsome guy.
I love that she can be a goofball with her mama.
Dada and the little man hanging out.
Makenna is in love with this snowman. She drags him all over the house. This picture was taken at her request.
Making forts and tunnels around the house. We go a little stir crazy on rainy days, so we do what we need to in order to keep us occupied and out of trouble. We even got Daddy to try and fit in the tunnel!!
Lovin the baby boy. He loves to be sitting up these days!
There are many proud moments in a parents life. But this is high on the charts for me. I believe in letting your children choose what they enjoy and what hobbies to pursue. And Makenna has found a love for Basketball! A child after her mothers heart.
Sure, I encourage this love, but it started with her. She started pointing out any and EVERY basketball hoop we saw while driving ("look mama, basketball!") Then she asked to sleep with her mini basketball. Now she says "I LOVE Basketball!" all the time. So of course she got a hoop for Christmas. And she loves it.
Look at that follow through, too. She is a natural!
By the way, I have been afraid to say it and jinx things, but Makenna has done it! I think I can officially call her potty trained! She is in panties all the time and now and not having accidents. She is loving using the big potty, and Mommy is THRILLED to be only changing one set of diapers! Life is good :)!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Perry family said...

Looks like you've been having fun! I think we have some of the same pix, like the tunnels and the bball. Too funny! Congrats on the potty trained munchkin! Way to go little McKenna.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok I am totally impressed with the shooter she is! Nice follow through for sure! SO PROUD!!! Love the tunnels and forts in the house, I remember doing all that as a kid and LOVING IT!!! Your kids have great parents and are so darn cute.
Kip saw our "big kid chair" that we have had for pictures and was like 'You have one of those wierd sitting chairs?? Todd hates theirs, I think I should hate ours too.' MEN!!!
Love ya!