Monday, April 14, 2008

M. M. M.

Well folks, it is official. Makenna Mae Carlson is no more. Meet Makenna Mae McKamey. Then trying saying it 3 times fast. On April 3rd, Todd, Makenna and I, along with some family, went down to the courthouse to meet with the judge to sign the papers making Todd Makenna's legal father. The whole process went smoother than any of us could have imagined and happend so quickly. I know that the lord has blessed us and helped make this event be able to take place.

Makenna is a very lucky girl. Todd is an amazing Dada to her and she adores him. And I must say that Todd is a lucky man to have such a sweet, loving, beautiful little girl as a daughter. We are all just so happy.
We had a little get together at my parents house on Saturday to celebrate the event. It was a great turn out and everyone had a lot of fun. We are so happy to be one big happy family!

5 comments:

Patrick and Effie said...

You have such a cute little family!! Congratulations on everything going so good with the adoption. Have you been thinking of names yet for the new little one? I voted that you are having a boy next :) I can't believe how big Makenna is getting! she is seriously the cutest little girl ever!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am so happy for you guys, your family is so cute and I am just so happy that the little Moose has such a good daddy to take good care of her. I am so happy for you guys!!! By the way I really had a good time with you the last few days and I really enjoyed our talk we had, it really helped me. We need to talk again soon. LOVES!!!

Dacia said...

Congrats! What an exciting time for you guys. We're so happy for you.

The Picketts said...

This makes me SO stinkin' happy!!!! YAY for such a cute family! Good luck and congrats!

Dan Wyrick said...

I smile everytime I look at these pictures. Isn't it great to be a family? I love you all.