Wednesday, January 14, 2015

 There's nothing like getting to take the kids on dates in order to have some special time with them. Especially with the ones that are in school full time. It seems so hard in the crazy business of life to find time to really get to Be with them and talk and enjoy ourselves in a special way, without as many distractions. These two big kids thought it would be fun to do a big kid date together. So first we went to our favorite restaurant of choice, Red Robin!
After that it was off to ice skate! Makenna had been once before and was DYING to back again. And Kellen was very eager to try it out himself! Since Makenna did so well her first time and I knew she wouldn't need help from me again I knew I would have the time to spend helping Kellen. They were so excited it was so cute!

 As soon as Makenna's skates hit the ice she was off! She was so proud of herself. It always feels good to see your kids confident about what they can accomplish. And Kellen really surprised me with how brave and willing he was to just go for it! He really didn't hesitate. He got right out there and got going immediately. He stayed positive the whole time and was really good about listening to my instructions. He started out clinging to the wall and inching along and by the end of the session he was comfortable just holding my hand and skating along!


 I think this might be one of my favorite pictures of me and Kellen together! We both look so happy!
 These are the moments as mom where I sometimes stop and pinch myself because they seem too good to be true. I can remember being you and not having kids yet and imagining what it would be like being a mom and how fun it would be. And in these fun moments it just feels so surreal to watch your dreams coming true right before your eyes!

A thumbs up for Dad at the end of the day to prove to him that there were no injuries! A perfect day!

No comments: