Friday, May 2, 2014

Thats our little soccer player! Makenna played another season of soccer in the fall. I love watching her play. She is good at anticipating her moves and is a go getter. She loves playing goalie and has gotten better at it. She also makes a great forward because she is fast. She actually does well wherever she plays. And I don't think I am bias.

Cuties!
This boy and his school work! I LOVE it! So Kellen decided he wanted me to get him a notebook to keep in his backpack to hold all the papers he brings home from school. Then, once the notebook is full, he empties it out and puts on an "art show" in his room. Basically he tapes up all his favorite things all over his closet doors and then invites people in to show him his work and allows people to ask about his different papers. It is so cute and he always look so proud!
Now that this cute boy is learning to write on his own, I am starting to get love notes! And I LOVE it! I always knew this boy would be the type to love to leave notes and cards. And I was right. This was my very first card written by him all by himself and left for me on the counter when I came home from being on a date with Todd. Melts my heart every time!
These two cuties signed up to play tball at the sportsplex together. It was Kellen's first time playing tball. And I really think we have found good sport for Kellen. He really seems to enjoy it and does pretty well. He loves being with his best buddy and having the two of them play together. I have to say, having a son I always waited for that day that we would get our little boy a glove and teach him to play ball. It feels like one of those moments you always imagined playing out before your eyes. Always seems a little surreal!
I can't even tell you how much I love this little boy and how much I enjoy our time together while the other kids are at school. He is such a fun loving, exciting, happy little boy to be around. He makes me laugh and smile non stop. And though he keeps me on my toes, he is also a real lover and has such a huge heart and such a big cuddly side. I'm so glad we still have another year and a half until I have to think about losing him to school every day....
What a big girl she is becoming!
It didn't take little miss Carys very long to figure out how to climb once she has mastered walking. And for a long time this was her favorite place to be. She could get herself up on the stool but not down. And she would just stand there with a big, proud, happy smile on her face. 
But very quickly just climbing the bathroom stool was not enough. So she figure out how to climb up on the dining room chairs. And from there, she naturally learned how to get onto the dining room table. I had friends that had "climbers" and once I had Conner I thought I knew what a "climber" was. Well, Carys has taught me otherwise. 

So one day while Todd was at work the kids started talking about how hard daddy works and what a good job he does taking care of us. And they decided (all on their own) to do something special for dad. So they made him a cute poster which they hung up for him to see right when he came in the door. And then they each drew him a picture and had me take them to party city where we got him a small little lunch box that they filled with candy for him to take to work to have little treats while he was there. I was so touched by how thoughtful they were. I don't think kids are always the best at recognizing and realizing the hard work that goes into providing for a family. It was one of those "really proud of my kids" moments. We love our Daddy!!!

Really? Does it get any cuter than this? Gosh, this boy makes me melt!


Well, as soon as Halloween had come and gone, the kids quickly began their focus on Christmas. Letters to santa were in order VERY early on this year! They had both knows for awhile what they were going to ask for. And thanks to all the cute crafts that Aunt Stephanie always sends us, we were ready to go right away.
Our version of snowmen in San Diego.

No comments: