Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Something Right

We were a little late getting to be tonight and I was just finishing tucking Kellen boy in to bed and giving him his kisses -"I love you tonight (kiss), tomorrow (kiss) and forever (kiss)"- and asking him my nightly question: "What is the most important thing in the world to me?"

Kellen looks up at me with his big, puppy dog eyes and says "Do you know the one thing that I don't like about school?" "What is that?" In a choked up voice..."I don't like not being here with you and being in my home."

With everything I wish I was doing better and all the things I know I need to try harder at as a mother...I have to tell myself that I am doing something right. Something right to have kids that love to be home. That love to be with their family. That would rather be there than anyway (other than Disneyland).

I love my family.

And as much as I would like nothing more than to keep my little boy Kellen, and all my little babes home with me always, I know that they must grow and learn and learn to stand on their own. And sadly, yes, that even starts at 4 1/2.

But if I always have kids that want to come back home, well, then I will have done something good.

No comments: