Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A.MAY.ZING

I MAY have overdone it with just the highlights. But May was an intense month (be prepared, because this in fact is just one of 3 or 4 installments of the happening in May). It MAY be a lot to look over, but it is so hard to pass up pictures when each one of them holds a memory, a moment in my mind that I remember and cherish. And our memories are one of our most precious and prized possessions in this life that we can keep with us always. I feel like I just have to document every moment I'm able to....
 My sweet little Carys, sitting like such a big girl, finally with a bigger smile on her face again as she is once again content to play on the floor. And playing with a woody doll because that is what happens when you have 2 older brothers. 
These boys. Such a love/hate relationship between them. They have their phases when they just argue all the time. And then they have their times when they get along great. Unfortunately these "get along great" moments often times involve some degree of mischief, but I hear from many others that this is what you get when it comes to brothers.  
 At least I know my baby girl will be well watched over and adored.
 Swimming season slowly started getting under way. There seems to be a slight learning curve at the beginning of the summer with how exactly to jump off the wall without doing a belly flop. As you can see, the picture here is far from being belly flop free.
 A few pics of Makenna and Kellen working the field together on the same team (GO Purple Snakes!) It was adorable to see them on the same team together. I am glad that they had the chance to play together for Kellen's first few experiences with soccer. He can be so shy and timid in those types of settings, it is nice for him to have Makenna by his side, very willing to go out there and show him what to do. Wish I had gotten more pics of them with each other, but they move quick and I didn't have that many opportunities (which will be more clearly revealed in posts to come....stay tuned).

 That moment when you look at a picture of one of your children and think "When did you grow up without me realizing it?"
 Thanks to Aunt Stephanie and her endless supply of holiday goodies we were able to have a little cinco de mayo feast in celebration of David on his mission in mexico. Our feast was complete with chicken enchilada, rice, beans, chili pepper hats, cactus and sombrero decorations and silly maraca pens that turned out to be a great hit for Daddy at work!
 Love this wild man!
 Conner will shove a gun or sword or any weapon, anywhere it will fit and stay in his clothes. After all, a 2 year old must always be prepared. You never know when danger will strike. 
 One of the reasons why having a little girl to dress up is so much fun!
 I get scared when I imagine these little girls 12 years from now!
 Capturing a "getting along" and mischief free moment!
 All my babies have been total water babies. Carys did not disappoint! This girl LOVES the water. 
 Our sweet Kellen, nearing the end of his last year at preschool, took Mommy, Daddy and Conner to his annual art show at school. As per tradition, we stopped at Rubios on the way. There are so many moments when I look at this kid and think, "Wow, you are handsome!"
 A very proud Kellen with Very cute artwork!

 Kellen and Mrs Silva. Kellen did a lot of growing and maturing this year!

 Our mission, To protect and defend the residence of the McKamey home against all the forces of evil. A very protected mama....what woman could ask for more?!

 But all superheroes must have a different identity. Of Course.
 This little lady will never lack for affection. Of this I am certain!
Well, it wasn't easy. But I felt this moment coming for awhile. As much as I loved Conners long locks, as much as I felt like they fit his silly, crazy, outgoing personality so well, I also felt like Conner as ready for a bigger boy hairstyle. I felt ready to see his face and his eyes more. See what his look would be without the hair taking away from that cute face of his. And though I miss running my fingers through his hair while he cuddles on my lap, I do have to say that seeing more of that handsome face is a good thing to me! What a big boy!

No comments: