Sunday, June 30, 2013

Surprise Bowls

If you are part of our family you know exactly what the term "surprise bowl" means. I am that mom that gives my kids a small treat every night after dinner. Some nights it is something bigger. Most nights it is just something small. One night a couple of years ago Kellen was wanting candy so I made him a bowl with an arrangement of goodies and called it a surprise bowl. Well, the term stuck and quickly became Kellen's treat of choice. Conner has also embraced the surprise bowl and it is a common request in our household. Kellen will often take a surprise bowl over almost anything else. Conner has helped take surprise bowls to a whole new level. He likes to cover his eyes while I make the surprise bowl and then we sing "happy surprise bowl to you" as I pass them out to the kids. Yeah, we are weird. But I imagine it is one of those silly things the kids will always remember and maybe even do with their own kids some day. 

No comments: