Sunday, June 30, 2013

Little Fishies

These little McKamey kids are little fish. They would gladly swim every day of the summer and stay in the pool until it gets covered up for the winter. Well, as soon we saw swim suites out at Target the kids wanted to know when they would be in the pool. I kept trying to put them off and tell them that we would be waiting until the pool was warm enough, once it was summer time. I explained many times that the pool was way to cold to be comfortable and that if I took them swimming they would be freezing and unable to enjoy it. 
They disagreed. Over and over again they told me that they would not be cold. That they would be fine and would have fun, even if it was freezing. So, in an attempt to pull off a good Mommy "I Told You So!", I decided to take the kids on over to Grammy and Pa's pool and let them try it out.
Some pre-swimming photos. I love what you get when you ask kids to pose... 

 Kel and Con - Very happy with their superhero bathing suites
 Makenna - yeah, I am not so sure. But what a wirey looking girl. 

 All ready to go
 Kellen and Con were the first ones in. MUCH to my surprise Kellen was shrieking with joy. Conner however quickly kicked his way back to the stairs as fast as those legs could get him there.
 I guess my "I Told You So" moment sort of backfired...
 Crazy girl!
 This is how she really felt about the water temp. But these little smarty pants kids were so set on proving me wrong that they managed to stay in the pool for a good 30 minutes or so. They did however require a very warm bath when swimming was done.
Conner is apparently my only smart one and stayed safely on the side and observed with mom. Good boy!

No comments: