Thursday, December 27, 2012

an obsession

When I sit down to do my posts and I look through my pictures, trying to decide what to put up and what not to, I encounter a real issue. I want to post everything! Every picture I take is a memory, a moment. A time when I thought my child was looking cute, doing something sweet, being funny or brave or conquering something new. One of my biggest fears as I watch my children grow and change is that I will forget what they were once like. That my memories of them as little children will fade. And mostly the things I fear forgetting are the every day life things. Because yes, the special moments and big events and holidays are great and all. But what really makes up life is your every day, normal life and routine. The stuff you do and deal with day in and day out. The way you spend your time, who you are with, what you are doing. That is what I want to remember. So when I go to put pictures on the blog (which I really consider my family journal) I feel this need to capture and record everything. Every moment, every look, every smile, so that when I am sad and lonely and all my kids are gone, I can look back and remember that day pushing my kids on the swing, or the way my child used to ask for mac and cheese for breakfast, or whatever the memory may be. So here is how October began....the every day stuff...
 Kellen continues his obsession with drawing rainbows. He is good at them...and he practices them mucho! Notice the K's and the e in the drawing....I am finding him making letters a lot more now. And he is a pro at writing his name. In this picture it was supposed to be him taking care of lots of little kids and babies. So cute!
 Makenna and Kara continue to be good buddies and Love to hang out. They are very good for each other...they are both funny, outgoing and head strong...in a good way.
 I continue to be lucky enough to always have front row seats to an acrobatics show any time I want! She sooooo reminds me of me as a child in this way!
 Kellen started getting Very excited for his birthday party. So excited that we needed to make a chain to count down the days. It helps him to be able to visualize the amount of days, otherwise he obsesses and frets over it and gets himself very anxious and stressed. Silly little boy.
 I enjoy seeing my kids have their own sense of style. This is Kellen's favorite way to sport his crocs- mismatching the colors. Every day is a new combo. He rocks it!

 Love my Aunt Stephanie. She threw me a totally cute and awesome shower for baby Carys. It is always fun to get a bunch of kret women together.
 It feels good to know I have a superhero by my side at all times, just in case. You never know what evil or villains we may encounter on the way to target. 
 Aunt Stephanie and her following. All these little kids adore her!
 Little girls apparently can grow beards.
 And Kellen discovered how to take self portraits on my phone camera.
 The pink panthers continued to have a great season. Makenna's best personal game was when she scored 3 goals in one game. But she also Loves to play defense and likes to be goalie. She does a good job, though she occasionally gets distracted while waiting for the ball to come her way. She is a good defensive player, but I like her to be forward. She is so fast and has so much energy and is scrappy enough to get in the thick of things. She is great at it all!

No comments: