Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walkers, T.P. and Saving the World

Half scary, half exciting to think about and say, but our little Con is not too far away from being a 2 footed traveler. We seem to be inching closer to walking every day. The other day I set him in front of his little walker to see what he could do with it. And I swear, within seconds he was across the room!
Walking with his lion is now one of his favorite things to do. He is doing really good with his walker. He's got fast feet and he can definitely move along, balance himself well and even catch himself and recover if he is about to fall. Today on a couple of different occasions I saw him let got of the furniture and stand by himself for a few moments. And today he was also trying to stand himself up from a crawling position without holding onto anything. He is getting ideas. Big Ideas. And if he is anything like his older siblings then these ideas will translate into action at a fast pace! He sure does look cute and grown up moving around like the big boy he is!

They all do it. At some point or another we all unroll a roll a t.p. Other's of us will later go on to unrolling t.p. in peoples bushes, on their cars, over their trees, etc. But this is where it all begins. And that is where Conner is. Feels like a cute milestone....and then begins to drive you nuts when you are going through a whole roll of t.p. in a day! Still love you Con!
This is not an attractive picture of Makenna's mouth full of cupcake. But I thought it was cute in it's own way and, mostly, thought it did a good job capturing here missing tooth!
Once again, sort of an odd picture, but very cute to me. I love my boy and his stunning, big brown eyes! He totally melts my heart!
Grammy (sweet as she is) made Makenna and Kellen each a cape. I was sort of hoping I would get one too, but I guess Mom's are supposed to remain superheroes in disguise. Anyway, if you know my kids at all then you know what wonderful, appropriate gifts capes would be! So if you are over visiting and you see a flash of red fly by, that would be my superhero children on some mission or another. A day or so ago I was in the kitchen and Makenna was helping Kellen put on his cape. She finished buttoning his and was getting hers on herself and said "Wait Bud Bud! Don't go Save the World yet. You need to wait for me!" The world has been saved numerous times in just the last week. You have the McKamey children to thank!

2 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

You've got such great kids! I can totally hear Makenna telling Kellen to wait for her to save the world:) Love it!

amber said...

tell the kiddo's thanks for saving the world for us, someone with morals is gonna need to!! they have a great grammy that does so much for them, they are lucky but so is she to live so close. love you auntie amber