Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Buddy and Me

I can't even begin to express just how cute, sweet and adorable my little Kellen is to me. I just love that little boy. He knows how to have some feist in him when he needs too (and sometimes when he doesn't need to but is choosing to). But really, he is such a little lover.
One of the things I love about him is that he just loves to be together. He knows how to entertain himself when he needs to, but really he loves to just be with someone else as much as he can. Not in a bothersome way (most of the time). He is my kid that is content to just walk around the house with me, helping me empty the dishwasher, watching me fold clothes, following me when I am changing Conner's diaper, just talking and having cute little 2 year old conversation.
The other day I needed to was my car and I just knew he would jump at the opportunity to join in the fun. So we did a quick car wash together and it was the cutest, funnest thing. He got completely drenched and had fun doing it. But he also took the cleaning job very seriously. He helped move the heavy buckets of water all around and commented on how strong he is and how big his muscles are so that he can move the buckets all by himself. It was, for whatever reason, one of those moments and memories I will always have with me.


A few things about Kellen that I love and that just melt my heart:
-The way he comes and takes my hand in his when he wants me to come with me and play with him somewhere.
- The way his voice goes high pitched and excited when he says "you want to play with me?"
-How every night when I tuck him in bed and give him a kiss he says "I'm going to miss you out there" (meaning he is going to miss me while he is in bed and I am in the living room)
- When he has me sing lullabys to his baby Toby and gentle tucks her in bed.
- The way he comes and sits down on my lap and curls into me still. Or when we are sitting together or I am holding him and without even realizing it he runs his fingers through my hair or along my face.
- The fact that he has no perception of personal space. If he his sitting by you he has to be touching you!

Kellen is just a sweet boy...there is no other way to say it. I already think about how lucky his wife is going to be some day. He will be the type of man that is a total romantic, knows how to show affection and is loyal as can be. He is going to be an amazing father and his kids are just going to adore their Daddy. I promise you. I can see it already, even in his little 2 1/2 year old self. And some day I will show his fiancee this post and make her promise me that she is going to treat my boy good and take good care of his heart.
Because, after all, I loved him first.

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

Kellen is such a sweetie:)
Love the way he helps you:)