Monday, January 10, 2011

Things I love even more than holidays

As much fun as the holidays were, it is nice to be back to regular life. Honestly, one of my very favorite reasons for keeping this blog is because it makes me sit down, think back on our days and weeks, remember all the highlights, the fun moments, the crazy moments, sometimes even the not so fun moments, but to think about just how much I enjoy my days and my life. Just how many smiles my family brings to my face each and every day. As the new year came it brought with it a bit of sadness for me. I thought ahead to all the things that will happen this coming year, all the ways that my children will grow and change, where we will be and what we will be doing a year from now. And though these things are all fun and exciting, it feels as though time with my children, time while they are young and innocent and spending every day at home with their siblings and parents, having the loving influence of family around them all the time...it feels like that time is just slipping through my fingers. I want to make it a point this year and every year, every day of every year, to cherish these times and moments. These smiles and laughter and play. I want to enjoy them and I want them to enjoy me. So I am grateful to be able to sit down and look through my pictures and think back on my days with my kids and all the great moments we have every day. These things are my greatest treasure.
Mini-bud is rolling all over the place, half way sitting and thinking a lot about how he can get himself on the move. He reaches and grabs at EVERYTHING. Though I don't feel a single tooth bud in there, the kid Must be teething because he is slimy, drooley mess and will gnaw on ANYTHING that comes remotely close to his mouth.
Conner loves his sissy, and she adores him right back. She loves to tell me to lay him on the ground so that she can talk to him and make him smile and laugh. Sometimes she gets a bit too loud for him (he is a sensitive things), but his face lights up the minute he sees her!
So much love!
You want to know what my daughters personality is like?...this right here sums her up :)

I had to bribe her with marshmallows to get her to smile Without crossing her eyes. But she is just so beautiful when she's not being a complete goof!
Oh Conner!
I remember when I used to have to pedal this manually for her to help it go up. She would ask me to do it over and over and over again and it would sometimes drive me insane. And now look at her.
If I ever want Makenna to eat, Chuck E Cheese is the place to take her. This girl likes pizza all around, but Chuck E. Cheese pizza is a whole different thing. The girl INHALES this pizza. I think last time we were there she had either 4 or 5 slices. Where she puts it I don't know.

Kellen boy is getting so big himself. He loved playing air hockey last time we were there. And he is not too bad for a 2 year old. He just looks so tall to me here.

We now have annual Zoo passes and are so excited about it.

My handsome boys! So different and similar all at the same time.
This is a total "okay mom, take the pictures so I can go play" kind of a smile. Still cute!

I think Kellen is getting taller and thinner again because he looks different to me in these pics. Maybe it's the haircut? I don't know...


Rubba dub dub


2 comments:

amber said...

love getting to see your family growing. you are certainly right to remember these times pass so fast and you need to enjoy everyday. love you auntie amber

The Perry family said...

You're so good at documenting everything! Have you made a blog book yet? You totally should, if you haven't. You'd love it! we did one for this past Christmas and it's one of my favorite gifts!
yes, it's too hard to think about our babies growing up. I just want to keep them forever. Nani tells me that I can't keep her:(
It's fun to see your kids growing up even though we don't "see" them.

oh, the pinata did break. I was lucky to get a turn:)