Friday, October 22, 2010

Things that keep me from going crazy

I remember when having a newborn/infant seemed like a difficult and stressful thing. However, Conner is by far the easiest one in the family to care for! Give him milk, lots of cuddle time, so bright toys to look at and keep his pants dry and he is golden :) I love my baby boy. Even when life around me seems frustrating or difficult, nothing makes me feel better than holding Conner, snuggling up to him and watching his smiles and hearing his coos. I just LOVE my baby boy!
Sarah always laughs that Conner has a perfect hair line and how strange it is to see on a baby. It really does look like I have cut his hair, and I have not! But it is darn perfect! His hair also shows up quite dark in pictures, but trust me, it is very fair in person.
I love when my children love each other!

My kids may be the very thing that drive me insane at times. But they are also what keeps me grounded and bring more love, smiles and laughter into my days than anything else in this world could offer. And are they not just too cute?

Todd. I just love this man....way more than he probably even knows. I feel blessed beyond belief every day to have a man in my life like him. He loves me and treats me wonderful. He loves our children and is such a wonderful father and knows just how important parenthood is. I love you Toddy!

In a perfect world, on a rainy day I could stay in my pj's, curl up by a fire with a warm blanket, good book and cup of hot cocoa and sip it while listening to the rain fall outside. And in this perfect world I would love these rainy days and await them with anticipation. But it is not a perfect world, and therefor I HATE the rain. It drives me nuts! I don't like to stay in doors. I like to get outside and have fresh air and run around and let my kids do the same thing. Shopping on rainy days is utter torture, especially when you are trying to get yourself, your children and your bags into the care without any of the above getting Too soaked. And unlike most people, I do not like the smell of rain. The smell of wet concrete makes me gag and choke. Ugh! I like the way it looks after rain, all clean and pretty. But then it is muddy for my kids to play in, which makes a mess and work for me. So even that is not fun. So there you go, I do not like rain!
The other day we were all not enjoying a rainy day and I was on the verge of losing my temper and spending the rest of the day in a very bad mood. I knew I needed to do something to change the energy in the house, and needed to do it fast. I had sent the kids to their rooms because they were driving me nuts and I needed just a few moments of space. So without thinking about it twice I ran into the room, made the kids change their clothes, grabbed their hands and said "Come on, we are going outside to play." They both looked at me like I was nuts, neither one of them believing that I was really going out there with them. So I just took off into the backyard and started splashing in puddles and swinging and sliding in the rain. Within seconds we were all running and laughing and had such a great time playing together in the rain. We stayed out there until our toes and fingers were numb and then came in the house and all took a hot shower together and then cuddled on the couch and watched cartoons. I guess that was as close as I can get to a perfect rainy day with kids :)


5 comments:

amber said...

have pics of all my kids (and tony and i) running and playing in the rain, some very fun memories. love it when people just let kids be kids!!! love you auntie amber

The Perry family said...

love it! you're a great mommy!

The Hardy's said...

Love your new post! ANd I love that you went and played in the rain. Amazing how when we are most frustrated with our kids sometimes, we feel so much better if we just get at their level and play like a kid! You are a great MoM! And I have to say...Connor looks so much like Todd. Especially that hair line!

C Knoop said...

What a great mom you are. I feel the exact same way you do with the rain. It does not make me happy at all. But I like how you turned it around and created good memories for your kids.

Auntie Steph said...

You're sooo good at recognizing when you need to take a breath and then doing exactly the right thing to make everything wonderful !
Love your family and the fun you have :)