Sunday, July 11, 2010

Let the countdown begin...



36 WEEKS! Seriously??!!!! Usually pregnant women are complaining about how slow their pregnancy has gone by, but for me it is just the opposite. This pregnancy seems to have gone by in a flash. It seriously feels like just yesterday we decided to start trying for another baby again and now suddenly he is almost here!
It is strange because it still feels very surreal that there will be a newborn in our house in less than a month. Physically I feel VERY ready to have this baby here. I have all the end of the third trimester complaints- I just feel sore and tired....the way you would expect to feel after being pregnant for 9 months. I feel pretty ready physically and emotionally for all the changes and adjustments that will come with a new baby being brought into the home. The nursery is finally done. Everything is organized, washed and put away and we finally have a functional nursery with everything in it but the baby. So in all ways I am very ready to have this baby boy. But the reality of bringing home a child...when I really sit and think about it....it doesn't seem real. It seems like something we are talking about and preparing for but that isn't actually going to really happen. Does that make sense? It almost reminds me of the way I felt being pregnant with Makenna...having your first child and not really knowing exactly what to expect and not understanding fully the reality of what it will really be like to bring home a baby.
Anyway, things continue to go well with the pregnancy. I am having to go in for non-stress tests every week because he has had a pretty high heart rate a couple of times at my regular doctors apts. Every non-stress test has gone perfectly well and normal and by all accounts he is healthy and strong. The child moves like a maniac. It amazes me he is able to move so much given how little room is left in there now. But he continues to bounce off the walls. It will be very interesting to see this little guys personality. I guess we will be seeing it Quite soon!
I was shocked when I saw how much my belly has grown in 6 weeks!!! It has just torpedoed right out there. I certainly carry my babies low and out! It scares me a bit for how much more this belly could grow before Conner's grand appearance. Yikes!!

3 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

HOLY TORPEDO!!!! Just kidding, I remember being right there looking just like that exactly 1 year ago!
I also agree with you on the whole not really believing that you are acutally going to have 3 kids, 3 kids, 3 kids...... REALLY???? I can't wait to meet him, see him, and hold an itty bitty newborn! I think he is going to make me want one again :) Pretty soon!

Auntie Steph said...

Wow has Conner grown :)
After this weekend, we'll be chanting "we're ready to meet you, Conner".....maybe it will help !
The room looks great ! Is Kellen going into a big boy bed ?

The Perry family said...

36 weeks!!!! You go girl! You're so almost there. I can't wait for you to have your baby! You're so on top of things, everything is organized and ready...good job you! Well I hope the baby continues to be okay! Can't wait to see your little baby!!