Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Conner Elijah

Forgive me for keeping this short...it is challenging to type too much when you are only using one hand because your other arm is cradling the most beautiful little baby boy you have seen.
Conner Elijah McKamey joined us on July 17that 4:10am.
He checked in at 7lbs 9oz and 21 inches long....not bad at all for being nearly 3 weeks early!
On Friday afternoon at my non-stress test they found that my amniotic fluid was too low to safely continue the pregnancy. I will give the whole birth story later, but I am happy to say that he got here quickly and safely and I was even able to have him natural, which had been a goal of mine. Mind you, now that I have gone natural beginning to end I don't think I will ever do it that way again :)
Conner is a beautiful, healthy, strong, sweet little baby boy. He has been so easy going and such a joy to have around. He is eating like a champ and sleeping well. He is a big cuddle bug and can easily tune out all the crazy noise around him that he has been hearing for the last 9 months in the womb. Makenna and Kellen are both embracing him with arms wide open. Their worlds have been turned a bit upside down and they are continuing to adjust great! Makenna is the little mommy I expected her to be...very happy to hold and be protective of her little brother. She is thrilled that he has "yellow" hair like her. She will no longer be the only blond in the family! And Kellen is doing really well. He loves his little brother and thus far has not been too jealous. We just have to keep a close eye that he doesn't love his brother too hard! He can be a bit of a brute with his hugs and kisses. :)
We are so happy to have Conner here! Already it's impossible to imagine life without him.
Just moments after being born. Being checked out extra closely to make sure his lungs were fully matured and developed.
Love at first sight...again. Nothing compares....

A very proud and sleepy father!
Trying to get a look at the world with those little eyes (blue for the time being).
Makenna is such and enthusiastically proud big sister!
Grammy and her McKamey grandkids. Kellen is a very happy big brother!

Such a sweet baby boy!
Momma and her boys! I am such a lucky woman!


See what a little blond he is?! It's so cute to me. He definitely has his own unique look!

7 comments:

Dacia said...

What a beautiful blessing!

Auntie Steph said...

What a cutie ! Love the blonde hair !
Glad that Kenna & Kellen are adjusting and that Conner is an easy baby.
Congrats !
Love you !

Auntie Steph said...

What ever happened to the maternity shots ?

amber said...

what a beautiful to your amazing family. can't wait to get my hands on him. love you auntie amber

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so I think my very favorite shot is that last shot, you can see how stinkin blonde he is! I am SO happy that he has "yellow" hair, although I never expected it. I can't wait to hold him again he is SO SMALL!!! Smaller than any of our babies but it is ONLY because the little guy was so dang early. I am glad he is here even though he messed up plans a bit :)

The Perry family said...

Good job Manda!! I'm so glad everything went well! No epideral? Crazy! I goota have one of those! Can't wait to hear the story. Congrats and enjoy! love ya!

Jessica said...

congrats! He sure is beautiful :) hope you're adjusting well..i can't wait to meet him too...and can't wait to hear the birth
story-you did it all NATURAL WHILE BEING INDUCED? You are a strong strong women!