Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Very Silly Girl!

There are many things about each of my children that I hope never change about them. I could make a list a mile long for each one of all their qualities that I just love and want them to hold onto forever. Oddly enough some of them are the very things about them that can drive me crazy (ex: Kenna's independence and strong (stubborn) will. Kellen's intense emotions and his passion for making noise and demanding to be heard!)
But one of the things I love about Makenna that I hope Never goes away is how silly the girl is. She really is such a ham and a total goof. She loves to be silly, loves people thinking she is silly and loves to make people laugh. She also just comes up with the funniest things to do and to say. She really makes me laugh more times in a day than I can count. I just love her light heartedness so much.
Here are just some examples for you....

Perhaps this one is more cute and sweet than silly. Makenna is already In Love with baby Conner. She will come over to me and give my belly hugs and kisses throughout the entire day, randomly and often, and always asks me if baby Conner is happy that she kissed him and tells him that she loves him. It is really sweet!
I don't know how I have been so blessed, but my daughter LOVES to clean the toilet. The minute she seems me getting out the bathroom cleaning supplies she is right there waiting to help out. She also loves to help me dust. I am so blessed. Can this last forever?? :)
Kenna invented this on her own. She sits in the baby swing in the middle and uses the two other swings to rock herself back and forth, also kicking off the ground with her legs. She gets quite high and it looks like so much fun. I would be right there if I could fit in that darn swing!
She's just cute!

I never ask her to make silly poses. She just does them on her own all of the time. If anythings I sometimes have to beg and bribe her to just stand normal and smile in a picture. But she loves to be crazy and even more loves to look at pictures of herself being crazy.
Makenna has a new best friend. Or should I say best friends. Meet my daughter, the snail queen!
Every day she hurries outside as soon as it warms up enough and quickly begins to hunt through the yard for as many snails as she can find. She bring them all up into her play set where they spend the day "playing" together. She lets them slither and slime all over her and loves it to death. If you tell her snails are gross she gets very offended. She thinks they are sweet and cute. She has to protect them from Kellen who will quickly smash or stomp on any snail he can get close to. He will sit up there with her pointing at the snails and saying "Eeeewww!!!" and the two of them will argue all day over snails being "Eeewww" or not. Just strange.

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I LOVE this post!!! I captures Makenna SO WELL!!! Every single picture of her makes me giggle, I LOVE THE BELLY ONE!!!
I do have to say she is a pretty dang cool kid and she reminds me so much of her super cool auntie! She is destined for greatness!

Jessica said...

what a great post. She seems like such a wonderful daughter-scrubbing the toilets! does she do bathtubs? send her over! ;) Her goofy faces always make me laugh when i see your posts, especially the icecream, bathing suit and sparkely shoes :)

The Perry family said...

That girl is too funny! that's an awesome pic at the end! And the swing thing, Love the creativity!

amber said...

oh my goodness, snails, really!!!!when ian was a baby he liked to eat them. he was the only one that couldn't hear the "crunch" i can't tell you how many i had to scrape out of his mouth, it makes me cringe still. but cleaning the toilet, love that girl, keep her going. isn't it awesome that God chose to let her stay here to bless our lives!!!!!