Thursday, October 2, 2014

Mama's Boy

If you ever see this kid get away with more than he should, there is a good reason for it. This kid can sweet talk and melt his mothers heart like you wouldn't believe.
Tonight I was going back in the boys room to check on them while they were falling asleep. Kellen gets nervous at night in his bed these days, so I have an agreement with him that every 5 minutes or so I will go back in the room to check on him and make sure he is doing okay until he falls asleep. The only reason I can make an agreement like this is because that boy falls asleep FAST (a wonderful blessing he inherited from his father!) I don't normally have to go back in more than a couple of times. I also turn on some soft music for the boys to listen to that helps them fall asleep.
Tonight after I gave Kellen a kiss on the hand I bent down to give Conner another kiss on the cheek and he grabs onto my arm.
Conner: "Mom, this music reminds me of you"
Mom: "It does? Well that's good! Does it help you relax?"
Conner: "It makes me feel love. It makes me feel the way I feel when you are sitting next to me on the couch."

Can I keep you forever, Conner?

No comments: