Friday, October 25, 2013

All About The Daddy!

What amazing Dad doesn't deserve a home made, "Best Dad Ever" tshirt to wear proudly a few times a year? The kids and I had a great time making it. They took the job really seriously! And Daddy seemed really pleased with it and was happy to wear it with pride the reset of the day. We love our Daddy so much! 

 It's fun having the kids old enough to make their own individual things for Daddy at school. They are always so excited when it is there turn to give him his gift and show off what they made.




 This picture seriously melts my heart. The 5 people that I adore more than anything in this world. I love father and mother's day because it really feels like a chance to reflect upon what an amazing blessing your family is and be grateful for the love they bring to your life. I am so grateful that I found this man and that he asked me to be his wife. I love him so much. It still amazes me to think that I was lucky enough to end up next to his side, raising this beautiful family and these amazing children. I am so grateful that my children have been blessed with a daddy that loves them with all his heart. That worries so much and tries so hard to be an incredible father. To have a relationship with his children that is meaningful and that they will always know that their father is there for them and cares for them. We are so lucky to have him as our Dad!
Yes, this father's day was a bit bittersweet. I feared that the day was going to be really painful and difficult. But that morning when I got up I knelt down and said a prayer that the day would be able to be full of joy. That I would feel my Father's presence and know that he knew how much I loved him and cared for him on Father's Day. That prayer was answered. Though there were moments of teary eyes and moments of missing and longing to just call him or see him or hear his voice or give him a hug, there was also much peace. Peace knowing that I was blessed in my life to have the relationship with my father that I had. Peace knowing that he is happy and surrounded by those he loves that have gone before him. Peace knowing that some day he will be there, waiting to greet me and embrace me when it is my turn to return to my father in heaven. 



No comments: