Wednesday, March 27, 2013

 Christmas Eve...kids got to open a gift from Grammy and Pa. Makenna- Thrilled to get her kitten. Kellen- Sporting his new Spider Man hat.

 It was a big Christmas morning for the McKameys! Kellen and Conner, our early risers, were out first to see what Santa had dragged down the chimney. Somehow he managed to fit a new "big boy bike" for Kellen! 
 Makenna opened her much hoped for bow and arrow....what every little girl wants. Right?
Con is our little builder. Our rough and tough Man's man. And I guess Santa knew that and knew just how appropriate a workbench and tools would be for this little guy. 
 Daddy got his gifts too. And mommy got a gorgeous cashmere sweater from Santa which she is anxious to wear once the threat of baby vomit landing on it has passed.

 A few days after Christmas Grammy and I took the kiddos to the temple. I had promised them we would go there to walk around and see the temple light and the life size nativity. It was a really fun time. Freezing (by san diego standards), but it was gorgeous and was such a nice night, walking around listening to the music and seeing the lights.
 The San Diego Temple will always be a special place for me and for our family. The place where Todd proposed, with Makenna there running around, and we became a family. The place where Todd and I were sealed, a year and a half later and then were sealed to Kellen and Makenna...making us an eternal family. Probably the most important moments of my life have happened in this temple. I hope my children always have a love for it the way that I do.

During Christmas break we took a fun family trip to Sea World. It was still decorated for the season and the older kids had a great time getting to go sledding!


No comments: