Tuesday, November 22, 2011

McKamey Catch-Up and Christmas Fever!

I feel so terrible that it has been so long sine my last post. I know life has felt very busy. I don't know what it has felt so busy with....maybe these pictures will explain some. Maybe they won't. Either way, here's the going ons of the McKameys....
Kellen has become quite the handy helper as of late. Makenna has a reward chart she fills out for each day that she gets a "green tag" at school, and I felt like Kellen deserved a way to earn rewards as well. So we made him a chart that he gets to fill in when he helps mommy or daddy with chores around the house that are above and beyond his normal cleaning up. He has totally embraced this and is happy to help with everything and anything he can. A lot of the time he isn't even worried about filling out the chart, he just wants to help. When Makenna is not around he tends to be my little shadow a lot and just follows me through the house. But I have discovered that us doing chores together is not only productive but something he really enjoys and is a fun and bonding all at the same time!
The kids have also started joining me in my exercising on occasion as well. I think they just like playing with the hand weights and the only way I let them is if we turn on a video. They tire pretty quickly but love to brag about how strong they are. Silly kiddos.
And Conner just likes to pretend to play wii. He grabs a remote and sits up on the coffee table where Makenna and Kellen sit to play and just smiles. He cracks me up
The eye mask only lasted a couple of days, but it was cute while it did.

Conner helping me clear off the table after dinner. I tell ya, you can't turn your back on this kid for more than a minute.
The many looks of the Con. He enjoys dress up right now

About a week ago Sarah and I got together with our cousins Danielle and Shannon and Danielle's kids and had a lunch/play date. We stopped and saw aunt Stephanie, ate at Cafe Rio and then went to Chuck E Cheese for a bit. We did get some crazy looks with us 4 ladies out with 7 kids 5 years old and under and Danielle due with another in a couple of months. But we also got a lot of compliments and had a really good time.

Kellen and Makenna had a blast with Grammy making some cute Thanksgiving crafts. I told them both to smile big. I guess they didn't need to smile quite THIS big :) They also made a turkey pin for Grandma, Grandpa and Papa and were very proud of their work. These kids love anything crafty!
My adorable boys. Con gives some good hugs!
Kellen in his Santa Jammies...already! We start Christmas early in our home. Kellen is the ring leader of this. He has been singing Christmas songs every night at bed time (most often "The 12 Days of Christmas") literally since Christmas last year....and every night is not overstating it. He says that when he grows up he wants to be Santa ("not a pretend Santa, A REAL Santa!") and he has changed from wanting to be Batman next year for Halloween to wanting to be Santa and having Kenna be Rudolph. This boys love for all things Christmas is just contagious and makes the season that much more fun and exciting!
And here is Rudolph. Makenna already wants to be Rudolph without Kellen having to request it. She got a trip to the dollar store after a blood draw last week. She picked out a pair of Reindeer antlers. So cute. And the quickly pulled out the red paint and requested that I paint her nose. She did this last year as well. I guess things don't always change all that much.

Conner and Rylee....this is his little crush. She is the little sister of one of the girls in Makenna's Kindergarten class, Kara. They came over for a play date last week and Conner was in heaven. He can't keep his hands off of her :)
Kellen's new thing is making his own breakfast. He loves putting things in the toaster and getting them ready all by himself. Independence....it is sweet and sad all at the same time!

2 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Love the pics!!! Kellen is such a sweetie. Kenna makes a great reindeer:) and Conner reminds me so much of Jake at that age...everything anchored to the walls as he goes "everwhere". Love you and your kids!

amber said...

so so glad you girls all got together. can't wait til it's just the mommies and us grandma's get to watch the kiddo's, a good time will be had by all. love you!!!