Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Life...and more Conner :)

I am beginning to believe I gave birth to an ape 4 years ago. This kid is nuts. She is constantly teaching herself crazy tricks and flips on her gymnastics bar on our playset. Then the most recent was teaching herself how to do flip on the swing. The girl has talent. I really need to get her in gymnastics again. If this is what she can do without an instructor I can't imagine what she could do with some training!
Kenna is beginning to swim on her own! BIG SIGH OF RELIEF! Right now she can only do it holding her breathe and mainly using her legs, but she can get pretty far. And hey, any progress makes me thrilled!
Kellen is also coming around to the water more and more. And he is starting to get the hang of floating by himself. He is such a cute little boy!
Daddy and the kiddos had so much fun together while he was home from work. Seeing them all play together just melts my heart!
I just thought this was cute :)
The kids and I enjoyed a little picnic in the backyard. I love how easily kids get excited over the small, simple things. It was darn hot outside to be having a picnic. Kellen kept saying "It's hot day!", but that did not stop them or me from enjoying ourselves.
Playing games together. I love that they are at an age where they can do this kind of stuff with each other. Kellen doesn't totally get all the concepts of the games, but he can still enjoy himself playing them with his sis, and she just loves trying to teach him. Way cute!
Makenna got to help Pa and Daddy plant her very own fruit tree...a plum. My dad did this with us as a kid. It was really neat watching her do it with him now. It made me feel old and her look big :)
Kellen of course got in on the action too. His fruit tree will be the next to go in.
This girl can't get enough of her baby brother!
This is Kellen and his little buddy Rawson! Rawson is 3 months older than Conner...they are going to be good buds!

Soooo big!

I just love my handsome little boy. And his eyes are getting lighter and lighter blue. Hmmm....


I love this picture of the two of them! I actually see a lot of resemblance in them here! What do you think?

If this is not sibling love then I don't know what is.

4 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics ! Love your ape and the way she's such a great big sister :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Super dang cute pictures of your little guy!!!! I love seeing him with his eyes open! And blue eyes and blonde hair. I thought it was crazy that you ended up with 1 kid that way now 2??? CRAZY!!! I do see where you can see how he and Makenna look alike in that shot! Love all the shots, love Makenna's outfit that she must have picked out :) Love the sibling love! Love your happy little life and your 3 beautiful children!

Melcher Family said...

Amanda Congratulations!! What a beautiful family you have! I still sometimes can't believe we are all grown ups having kids.

The Perry family said...

love all the pictures! your baby is such a cute boy! It's fun to see a small dose of the happenings in your life.