Monday, August 4, 2008

"daddy painting!"

Todd has been taking a lot of his vacation time lately to get things done around the house before the arrival of Mr. Baby Kellen. He has painted the nursery, the bathroom, Makenna's room and the hallway....it has been A Lot of painting. So much painting that Makenna's phrase for Daddy is now "Daddy Painting!" It's pretty cute, but it tells you how much time he has really spent with a paint brush and roller in hand.

Everything has turned out Great! The nursery does not have decorations on it yet, so you have to wait to see those pics. But here is Makenna's Room! I am soooo happy with how it looks...it's so cute and girly!

I know that the Elmo bedding set does not really "go" with the rest of her room, but I will explain in a second....



Our little girl has fallen In Love with Elmo. No joke! She couldn't care less about princesses and other girly things. She used to really like Mickey Mouse and the Wiggles....until she discovered Elmo. It was seriously love at first sight. So we took a lot of peoples advice and got her a bedding set that she would be excited about...Elmo! And boy did it work! She was hugging and kissing her "Elmo Pillow" and "Elmo Bed" all night while we were getting it set up. When we tell her it is "nigh night time" she runs to her "elmo bed" and starts kissing Elmo and telling him "nigh night elmo." We put her in bed, tell her goodnight, leave the room and never hear another sound. And if any of you know Makenna, it is Amazing that she is staying in that bed all on her own free will. Nap time is a different story, but hey, I won't complain! So, Thank You ELMO!


Here is our bathroom after the remodel. I really wish that I had remembered to take a before picture, because the transformation is amazing. It had a cracked counter top, ugly vanity, the floor was half carpet, half hideous linoleum....the only things that are the same are the toilet and the tub itself. Everything else is new. It is the coveted place to be now!


4 comments:

The Perry family said...

Nice job with the Moose's room! If Elmo bedding is what it takes, then do what you gotta do! It doesn't match the room, but it's still cute!
The bathroom looks awesome! Nice job guys!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I was totally looking forward to this post for some reason. I have seen all the rooms and knew that the Moose was sleeping in a big girl bed but still wanted to see the post! I AM SO PROUD OF MAKENNA!!! She is such a big girl these days and I totally LOVE her room, the pictures don't even do it justice but it is SO CUTE!!! Your house really is coming along for sure and I am sure proud of Toddy for all the painting. Did he finnish the hall??? Does it still look kinda pink? No matter what I am way proud!

The Hardy's said...

wow the painting and remodeling look beautiful! good job! cant wait to see pics of what kellens room looks like!

Anonymous said...

SO NICE!! It looks AWESOME!! I LOVE the ROOM!! Elmo fits REALLY WELL in there! ;) HA!! I heard from Sarah...MY GIRLIES LOVED Elmo NO LIE!!! I have like all the Elmo movies if you wanna borrow them...HA!! :) I just have to say CUTE STUFF!! I am trying to be good and get my kids done too...but we have no MULA now..so I am waiting again...ahhhhh!!!